why Worcester bosch (moved from projects)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Intergas is one of the best boilers on the market.
I know, it's my job to know.

I've worked on thousands of Worcesters and love them, the new compact I'm not so fussed on but still a decent boiler. Worked on one intergas which looked a decent idea and fine as long as it works. People on this forum I've got time for rate the brand though so I'd probably give one a whirl.

Sponsored Links
I think I have been offered the wireless timer,
Why go wireless ? The only advantage is you ( or the installer ) doesn't have to spend time and money installing a cable. As more and more equipment is sold using the two available wireless channels there will be more and more "failures" caused by interference from other wireless systems. And, provided the other equipment complies with the regulations for Licence Exempt Short Range Wireless equipment there is nothing you can do about it. ( other than change to a wired system )

Bernard, ffs you have no idea.

The whole point is the boiler communicates to the thermostat and modulates setpoint based on internal reference.

Now will you kindly feck off and bother another sub section of the forum and post on a matter you're versed in.

It must be true if which say so :rolleyes:

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    198.8 KB · Views: 103
What channels are those then?

433.92 MHz ( often refered to as 434 MHz ) and the 869.XX band

If you are going to advise customers on matters involving wireless systems then research the matter and do not rely on the less than complete information provide by the people marketing wireless.

stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/binaries/consultations/tlc/annexes/Final_report.pdf Dated 2010 it mentions 433.92 MHz is close to saturation. More recent reports mention saturation and illegal transmitters are causing problems on 868

6.3 Home/Office automation
There are a number of applications relating to home automation. One area that has been growing in recent years and was highlighted in a recent ETSI Technical Report [17] is that of indoor climate control, which involves automatic opening and closing of windows alongside monitoring of temperature and humidity and activation of heating or air conditioning systems. According to the ETSI report, such systems may involve up to 50 wireless nodes per dwelling and the most likely frequency band for deployment is in the region of 870 MHz.
In the UK, increasing saturation of the 434 MHz SRD band is driving a move towards the 869 MHz band, which in Europe is already the preferred frequency. The specific sub-band preferred for these applications is 869.85 MHz using Wideband FM technology at 10 mW power.

Now will you kindly feck off and bother another sub section of the forum and post on a matter you're versed in.

12 years of my career was spent designing wireless communications equipment, systems and protocols for customers that included emergency service communications and other safety critical applications.

12 years of my career was spent designing wireless communications equipment, systems and protocols for customers that included emergency service communications and other safety critical applications.

Who cares??!! Anyway, it doesn't make you an expert on anything. Designers have no practical knowledge.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back