why Worcester bosch (moved from projects)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I have been offered the wireless timer, not in touch, I thought for that money, I could get the in touch later??

Every boiler has pros & cons. And I'm speaking as an installer & service engineer.
The company I work with install 100s of boilers every year of varying makes & the most popular, for both installing & servicing is the Ideal Logic range. Customers love them too for there simple controls.

Sponsored Links
...why do most boiler installers recommend Worcester bosch?

Two reasons. One - WB have spent a vast amount of money on marketing their boilers, which makes them a very easy sell for installers. Two - WB Approved Installers have to sell a lot of boilers every year to keep their installer rewards and be able to offer extended warranties, so they're bound to push them and declare everything else to be rubbish.

The Intergas is superior in every way

Sponsored Links
I see no evidence to even suggest you are qualified to judge my knowledge of wireless communication systems.
the benefits isn't just about it being wireless/ ease of installation ? which you seem to be fixated on

the benefits isn't just about it being wireless/ ease of installation ? which you seem to be fixated on

How often do customers say that a boiler sometimes does not respond to the thermostat calling for heat. ?

What is given as the reason for this fault. ?
Is any consideration given to the possibility that the radio channel is being blocked and as a result the receiver at the boiler cannot hear the transmitter in the thermostat.

How often do customers say that a boiler sometimes does not respond to the thermostat calling for heat. ?

What is given as the reason for this fault. ?
Is any consideration given to the possibility that the radio channel is being blocked and as a result the receiver at the boiler cannot hear the transmitter in the thermostat.

Have you bothered to understand how this boiler we're talking about works?

I see no evidence to even suggest you are qualified to judge my knowledge of wireless communication systems.

I see no evidence to even suggest you are qualified to judge anyone's knowledge of anything, you are the only fan of your own knowledge. You should be banned.

Dan is one of the most knowledgeable guys on here, you on the other hand are an idiot.

To be competent to install a gas burning appliance safely the person installing must have access to a flue gas analyser and know how to use it.

To be competent to install a reliable wireless communication system the person installing it must have access to.... ? I am sure as a competent installer of equipment that relies on wireless communications you tell the readers of this foum what test equipment is necessary to prove the wireless link is going to be reliable.

one of the most knowledgeable guys on here,

many very knowledgeable guys are not on here.

Give it up Bernard. Modern wireless heating controls have built-in test facilities to check their range and signal strength, and the manufacturers deem that to be sufficient. Now please stop dragging yet another post off topic

( intended as a PM )

I will drop the thread but remain convinced that some plumbers are totally ignorant of how wireless communications work and more importantly what can stop them working.

Boilers often get "repaired" several times when the real fault is that the wireless channel is blocked by other wireless equipment in the house ( or illegal equipment nearby ) and the boiler cannot receive commands from the controller

If wireless is to be used then wireless diagnostic equipment should be available to determine if the wireless links are being compromised by channel blocking. Checking their range and signal strength is only part of the diagnostic,

At least one boiler supplier has recognised there is a problem with blocking and has specified a protocol that will ensure as far as possible the system will cope with high levels of channel blocking.

Regards

Bernard

Maybe a new thread Why Wireless ?

Boilers often get "repaired" several times

Irrelevant drivel.

If wireless is to be used then wireless diagnostic equipment should be available

Senile irrelevant drivel.

Maybe a new thread Why Wireless

Well done for ruining yet another thread with your half baked poorly informed nonsense.

Perhaps you should read up on the Ramses communication protocol and the specific implementation of it with the Eco RF before you post here again.

To be competent to install a reliable wireless communication system the person installing it must have access to.... ? I am sure as a competent installer of equipment that relies on wireless communications you tell the readers of this foum what test equipment is necessary to prove the wireless link is going to be reliable.

More nonsense from the forum blow hard.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back