Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for a new system boiler.

5 beds
3 underfloor zones
2 radiator zones
hotwater

I've a proper fitted on a day rate so not tied into any boiler.

What should I be looking at? Pro's and cons of each?

Sponsored Links
Why system boiler, opt for a heat only, correctly sized expansion vessel, with robokit and external pump. Future proof and inexpensive maintenance in the future.

Why system boiler, opt for a heat only, correctly sized expansion vessel, with robokit and external pump. Future proof and inexpensive maintenance in the future.

Hi, already got a 2 year old oso mains pressure setup. Converting would actually cost me money as i'd need the tanks/piping etc.

Sponsored Links
Sorry to butt in Mike but y would a heat only be less expensive to maintain than a system?
Is it simply because the expansion vessel and pump are easier to sort out external from the boiler?

Have one; installed hundreds. Great boilers.

Best of both worlds with those if correctly specified.

Thanks. Currently looking at the eco rf(10 year warranty), its going in the kitchen, so use the hot water side for the kitchen and utility sinks, keep the stored hot water to feed the bathrooms. Seem like a sensible idea?

Means a short run to downstairs taps but keep the higher flow and water needed for 2 showers?

A set up that can work well.

With a decent installer you can still benefit from weather compensation too.

Brill thanks. seems like thats just about it then. I'm not sure if hes fitted intergas before, so i'll give them a call tomorrow to confirm the warranty will still be valid.

Intergas knocks the socks off the others. Warranty will be valid with an untrained installer but you're always better off getting someone who is familiar with how to set the boiler up properly. It'll be the difference between an installation that basically works, and an installation that is the most efficient it can be.

Intergas knocks the socks off the others. Warranty will be valid with an untrained installer but you're always better off getting someone who is familiar with how to set the boiler up properly. It'll be the difference between an installation that basically works, and an installation that is the most efficient it can be.

Funny you say that, i've someone coming today to have a look.

Which bit of Devon are you in? Nearest town? I used to live down there and know a couple of guys who might be able to help

Thanks all.

I'm going for an intergas eco RF. It was pointed out that the rapid 32 will be a great cheaper option, however it seems the extra £300 is worth it for the 7 extra years warranty(10 total).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back