Intergas xclusive headache

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have an Intergas xclusive 24 which is now 3 years old. The pressure gauge packed up and so we contacted Intergas and they sent one of their engineers, to do a warranty assessment. My wife, who was home at the time, informed me that the engineer blamed the fault on system sludge. A debatable call perhaps, because the entire plumbing system in the house is only 3 years old, was flushed on install and has a magna clean. However, that’s an aside. The issue and reason for this post is that prior to this engineer’s visit, the system was working and was and remains with sufficient pressure. I hear you ask how do you know this, if the boiler pressure gauge isn’t working? Well that’s because we also had a manual pressure gauge (photo from today) installed by the chap who installed our system, after we alerted him to the pressure gauge fault. The engineer informed my wife that there was insufficient pressure in the system, despite not observing that the manual pressure gauge evidences that it does. The engineer annoyingly appears to have mucked around with the boiler settings, possibly under the incorrect assumption that there was insufficient pressure in the system, with the net result that we now have no hot water or heating. So, my question. Can anyone assist me to figure out what I need to do to activate the boiler again, because it’s turned on? When I spoke with Intergas this morning, the chap I spoke with assured me that someone would call me back immediately, however no such call was received. Disappointing customer service in the cost of living crisis as we’re now immersion heater reliant.

Attachments

• 9620A3E0-692B-412E-B42D-71BAA8066073.jpeg
    9620A3E0-692B-412E-B42D-71BAA8066073.jpeg
    182.6 KB · Views: 45
Sponsored Links
DONT KNOW WHY THE ENGINEER DIDNT JUST SWAP THE PRESSURE TRANSDUCER, it only takes a few mins and they are known to block, it doesnt matter what the external guage reads, if the transducer is blocked it will tell the boiler not to fire, there is a temp workaround but only temp until you can get the transducer replaced, simply pull the plug out of the transducer and boiler will fire

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Have you made sure boiler has been vented? Air bleed point rear left top of boiler. Just to be sure this has been done... So many don't know it's there.

Sponsored Links
DONT KNOW WHY THE ENGINEER DIDNT JUST SWAP THE PRESSURE TRANSDUCER, it only takes a few mins and they are known to block, it doesnt matter what the external guage reads, if the transducer is blocked it will tell the boiler not to fire, there is a temp workaround but only temp until you can get the transducer replaced, simply pull the plug out of the transducer and boiler will fire
That doesn't work on the Xclusive, it just has a hissy fit. Might be what the engineer did though...

Why do you not have heating and hot water? Is there an error code on the boiler?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back