Rapid 32 Boiler - Pressure Gauge Broken?

Here you go pal
HYgMydn.jpg

This is the amount of water from the pipe in the past day:
xK883J0.jpg

This is my fear and the only likely conclusion at the minute. I'm really hoping a leak sealer will sort it out, otherwise it means breaking up a newly tiled floor and sawing through freshly laid plywood sub floor!

I really don't know how the plumber has commissioned the system after capping 2 radiators and fitting a new radiator and there wasn't a problem then! It seems crazy.
Yes as I thought, that is not a drain pipe as such , it is the condensate drain and as @Razor900 says to get some condensate even in HW mode is perfectly normal with your boiler, and wouldnt affect the water pressure in the system, the valve in your pic with the red handle is the flow to your radiators, this valve is closed you need to open it, there is another one at the other end make sure that is ope too then see what happens, your heating wont work with either of these closed

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
The coloured paper shows up wet spots better than anything else.

Even better is tissue paper with lines drawn on it with water soluable ink. If the paper gets wet then the ink runs and the lines become thicker. Even if the tissue dries the evidence of having been wet is still there.

Thanks for all the replies guys, I'll get some coloured tissue paper and see what I can do.

Fingers crossed it's a leak that's easily accessible, and if not, leak sealer works!

Thanks for all the replies guys, I'll get some coloured tissue paper and see what I can do.

Fingers crossed it's a leak that's easily accessible, and if not, leak sealer works!

If it's any consolation, I have a drop somewhere too, and have had the boiler isolated from the rest of the system since May. I've got wooden flooring throughout the ground floor... No threshold bars and tiled kitchen and downstairs shower room :notworthy::sick::cry:

Sponsored Links
Even better is tissue paper with lines drawn on it with water soluable ink. If the paper gets wet then the ink runs and the lines become thicker. Even if the tissue dries the evidence of having been wet is still there.

Yeah. Can see the usefulness of that for tracing leaks that aren't apparent when you're monitoring.
Wonder if there's a bespoke product for that... If there isn't, there should be.

Google here I come ;)

If it's any consolation, I have a drop somewhere too, and have had the boiler isolated from the rest of the system since May. I've got wooden flooring throughout the ground floor... No threshold bars and tiled kitchen and downstairs shower room :notworthy::sick::cry:

What are you going to do?

I wonder if house insurance would cover it? I would doubt it if it's been caused by building work.

I'm still waiting for the original plumber to come back and see what they think.

Has anyone had any experience of leak sealer?

I'm glad you're keeping your sense of humour

I wish I was as pragmatic, I've been losing sleep over this flipping leak!

My approach is that "if it ain't life threatening then it ain't worth worrying about... Too much... Certainly not losing sleep over... Then again, I can't sleep sober :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back