interior 6 panel moulded door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
wonder whether someone could assist in resolving my problem.

in a fit of eagerness, i started to replace some very ageing internal doors with moulded 6 panel smooth white, manufactured by Premdoor.

i have completed the task except for one door :( which has the following dimensions 76mm*2040mm.

Now from my limited understanding of these matters, this is a metric height with an imperial width.

I have the options of either:
1. closing the door frame down to the standard 98.5mm either through closing down the frame or inserting a step to close the gap (approx5.5mm)

or
2. Buying a full metric size door and cutting the width down to 76mm. but this will require a large trim on each side of the door.

i have searched the web with no avail to see whether i can purchase a 6 panel moulded door with the measurements of 2040*76mm but have had no success.

Can any one suggest either a supplier or advice as to which would be the better route to follow

thanks in hope

Mel

Sponsored Links
helllooo mel

standard door are 2ft6 by 6ft 6[762by1982 ish]

is it an internal or external door

now assuming the door is interior i would think the
best bet would be to pad the head out[frame top]
and move the arcatrave down

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back