Interior Paint For Architraves Around UPVC Windows ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have mdf architraves surrounding some UPVC double glazing that was recently fitted and I would like to paint the architraves to a finish that matches the white UPVC. I do not think that a full gloss finish would match and wondered if a satin or some other sheen type of finish would be OK.

The mdf architraves were fitted pre-primed with a matt white mdf primer so any interior paint or paint system to go on top of that would be OK.

I would be grateful for any recommendations.

Rgds
Jack

Sponsored Links
I would say a satin finish would be the better choice, you could also consider an eggshell finish, yet the satin would offer a slightly higher sheen level and therefore I think would offer the closest match.

Dec

I would say a satin finish would be the better choice, you could also consider an eggshell finish, yet the satin would offer a slightly higher sheen level and therefore I think would offer the closest match.

Dec

TheDec,

Thx for the reply.

Is there a prefered paint brand of satin finish? There seems to be a few adverse comments about Dulux paint nowadays since changes to the VOC levels etc so I wondered if Crown/Johnstones/Leyland might be a beter option for a satin paint?

Rgds
Jack

Sponsored Links
Without any hesitation Crown Solo Satin, if you decide to go the water based route and using a synthetic brush one coat of Leyland Trade Primer under coat followed by two coats of Johnstones Acrylic Satin.

Dec

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back