Interior sliding door locks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm searching (in vain !!) for a door lock operated by a knob (no, not me !!)of the toilet vacant/engaged type for bathroom, to fit a sliding door i.e hooked not bolted, preferably to be morticed into the door and frame.
Anyone any ideas ? The only ones I'm coming up with so far are for exteriors that lock with a key, daren't get one of those as I'd never see the b/room again with my 15yr old daughter !!
TIA

Sponsored Links
I think the only way is to make one !

What you need is a non-lockable sliding door latch
Nonbrandedslidingdoorlatch.jpg

then buy a bathroom privacy door handle type which should lock the non-lockable door lock!
5011573746979_lc1_1_s.jpg
then throw the latch away that come with it.

Where did you find that masona ? Looks like the kind of gizmo's I'm after and could adapt (the sliding door, by the way is going to disappear into the wall,so really need a flat as poss fitting, not hung on the side) to my requirements.

Sponsored Links
Scoby_Beasley said:
(the sliding door, by the way is going to disappear into the wall,so really need a flat as poss fitting, not hung on the side)

Are you saying the door handle got to go inside the wall as well?

If so you could use the non-lockable sliding door latch and instead of a handle on the outside,use a keyhole cover
p2096.gif
and special key to open the non-lockable sliding latch from the outside if need be.You would also need some sort of flush door handle type to open the door to go inside the wall etc.

Not sure if this is what you're after,I can help you more if I can see your door layout

Masona, I've sunk "finger pulls" into each side of the door. Approx. 1 1/2" of door remains showing when door fully open. This i think will be too small for a "proud" latch hence the need for a mortice type latch.
The 1st latch you showed me looks ideal.

A good brass door & handle furniture shop should have one,don't waste your time with diy superstore etc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back