interior soil pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone please tell me a simple method to break into an existing internal soil pipe in order to put in a connection branch to take another toilet. The soil runs up inside the property and vents through the roof tiles. The existing toilet is in the first floor bathroom and I would like to install a ground floor toilet on the other side of the cavity wall. The present soil impossible to either lift or lower. I had in mind cutting a section out and reconnecting rather like one would with external drains.

Of course, if this is not feasible I am left with digging and fitting an Inspection chamber in the existing foul drain outside of the property. Albeit, a much bigger job.
many thanks for viewing. kevin View media item 88940 View media item 88940

Sponsored Links
Many many thanks Jimcrow. I wasn`t aware of these slip couplings for grey soil pipes, so it is just like using slip couplings underground. I also wasn`t sure if the building regs allowed it either. Perfect solution for my problem. This then is going to be my plan of action. Just one more question please, it might sound silly but does it not matter about having inspection chambers or rodding points at junctions when above the ground?

cheers kevin

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back