intermediate switch fused spur?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
anyone know of any product that does this?

It doesn't look like it as I can't find any

(ideally it'd brushed, chrome with rounded corners and white switches, or perhaps two products that can be torn apart and put together)

it's for use with a PIR (rather than having to do the on-off-on thing to trigger the manual override).

thanks for any thoughts

Sponsored Links
Use a dual box with an FCU on one side and a 1G 1W switch on the other.

MK grid plus is apparently available in a brushed chrome finish and should let you fit whatever combination of switch(es) and fuse units you require.

thanks guys - i'll have a loot

sudden thought - will an intermediate switch do what I want? The PIR's manual talks of a "double-throw switch" but what's wanted is effectively a switch with 3-positions.

Sponsored Links
I don't think an intermediate switch is what you want.

I think Is what you are looking for an "on-off-on" switch. That is a switch with an "off" position in the center and two different "on" positions.

MK do this in grid plus, part number K4899WHI

You will also want:

fuse module K4890WHI
Two module grid K3702
Two module albany plus brushed chrome frontplate K3432BRC

I don't think an intermediate switch is what you want.

I think Is what you are looking for an "on-off-on" switch. That is a switch with an "off" position in the center and two different "on" positions.

MK do this in grid plus, part number K4899WHI

You will also want:

fuse module K4890WHI
Two module grid K3702
Two module albany plus brushed chrome frontplate K3432BRC

thank you very much for that.

it looks like I may have been too smart for my own good and not able to achieve what I want having looked at the instructions again:

30wbmyp.jpg

the hope had been for: constant on / PIR / off

However, although this gives you a "1 box" solution, the switch is only SP.

The "2 box" solution has DP switching, if that makes any difference.

Or, you could use a two gang box and put a three gang grid in, and add a DP switch into the grid.

Or even a 4 gang if you wanted a neon indicator!

Surely all that is needed is a one-way switch in the live feed [to turn light off] leading to a two-way switch [L1 to PIR L2 to lamp supply]. No live to PIR when overridden.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back