intermitent hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i have a halstead HE 30 boiler and having trouble with the DHW.
if the central heating is off the DHW works fine, but when the central heating is on the DHW only works now and again. When its not work the boiler still fires up it just sends the hot water to the central heating and not the heat exchanger. But if when i have no DHW i take the front off the boiler turn it off and then back on, with my hand on the diverter valve motorised head i can help it find its correct position and the DHW is back even with the central heating working until the next time( usually first thing in the morning after being stood all night).I've had the hydroblock out and the diaphragm in the diverter is fine and i think the flow switch and sensor are o.k. as it fires up. The question is can anyone confirm that it is as i expected and i need a new motor for the diverter valve, or is there something simpler that i'm overlooking. thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back