Intermittent heat and hot water

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Ocean Alpha 240E combi boiler it's about 6/7 yrs old. There seems to be a problem with both the hot water and heating circuit. When the hot water is on it only lasts a short while, then the pump and flame cut out, after a short time both kick in again. The same happens with the heating circuit. This results in lukewarm radiators and very dangerous showers. I've tried cleaning both hot water and heating return filters, but as we are in a soft water area both were spotless. Tried varying the water pressure by closing the mains stop cock slightly but seemed to only work short term. Can anyone help please? :confused:

Sponsored Links
I have the same problem with the intermittent water and heating... altho I can't help I wondered if anyone gave you any advice thanks

The problem that I had turned out to be one of the temperature sensors was on the way out. This is not a big job to change, although a few days after this one of the micro- switches went as well but this only affected the water side of things, again not a big job to change. I don't have the details of the exact items at the moment, but if you need them let me know and I'll try to post as much info as I can.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back