Intermittent loss of hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Since I partially drained and re-filled my heating system (to add anti corrosion additive) I've had intermittent problems with my hot water. The system is pump driven heating and hot water using a 3 way valve - looks pretty standard. When the heating/water is switched on automatically (i.e. by the timer) it works fine. When we try to manually switch on the heating/water then the heating seems to override the hot water. With both switched on manually the heating has heated the house but the water is stone cold. Manually switching off the heating and almost instantly the hot water started to heat (I could feel this from the pipes). Just to confirm I switched the heating back on and the hot water stopped heating. Any ideas would be welcome.

Sponsored Links
What motorised valve do you have? e.g. Honeywell V 4073, etc.

First guess would be incorrect wiring of controls or fault on motorised valve, possibly microswitches.

Yes its a Honeywell V 4073. I don't think it can be miswiring as it's only recently started to happen.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back