Intermittent ignition

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've a Halstead Ace High that had problems with DHW not working. Put inline filter (spiratech) changed DHW h/e. Ran with Fernox F3 for 1 week and all was fine. Drained system, refilled with F1 inhibitor added. Boiler worked fine for a few short water draws and heating fired. looked good for a bit. Now boiler won't fire and looks like pcb. Except, left it calling for heating and sudden I heard boiler fire up. Any ideas what might be going on here?

Sponsored Links
Changing parts at a guess is not a clever way of doing things.
It will be quicker, safer, and in the end possibly even cheaper get somebody with faultfinding experience to check the whole lot out.

Think I've now sorted. Gas safe man wanted to replace pcb for DHW fault (was DHW h/e blocked). In swapping out, much if pcb was disconnected to gain access to h/e. Connections were very stiff. Disconnecting, board contact to air flow switch ended up with a dry joint. Touch of solder seems to have solved:).

Cheers for the suggestions though

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back