Intermittent leak Vaillant Turbomax 824e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone can suggest what could be causing my problem with the boiler.

I have a Vaillant Turbomax, its about 8 years old never given any troubles before, I've had it serviced fairly regularly last one was last year.

In the last 3 months I have noticed every so often there is a small puddle of water under the boiler, I've tried to locate where the water is coming from but the insides seem dry.

It never occurs during the day only over night and then not everyday has happened 4 times now over a period of 3 months, the central heating and hot water are fine. This has got me stumped.

I called a plumber in and he couldn't find where the leak was coming from either but suggested I change the heater exchange (at about £400) which I thought was a bit excessive since he wasn't even sure that's where the problem was.

Anyone have any ideas what could cause this.

Much appreciated.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back