Intermittent problem with shower flow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Intermittent problem with shower flow

A custard has two showers running off a salamander RSP 75 booster pump. The first shower installed at the same time as the pump about 4 years ago. The second shower installed 1 year ago and added to the pump.

This started about 2 months ago. From time to time the flow slows down. When it does it sounds like air is running around the pump when this happens. So I run a load of hot and cold water off with the pump off and sure enough there is a bit of air. This will then run for a couple of weeks, some times longer and happen again. Could it be pulling in air down the vent?! I checked every thing I can think of including the list below.

Any ideas.

So far we have:
Checked cwst capacity. All ok, cwst doest empty or get any where near empty with both showers running for 15 mins. All ok
Taken out the Wessex flange from the cylinder and checked it. All ok
Checked water temperature is set at 55C and tested it and it is around that mark. All ok
Checked the two port valve for the hot water for let-by from the heating circuit in case its heating up the water to too higher temp and effecting the pump. all ok
Checked hot and cold outlets from cylinder and cwst fro flow rates. All ok
Checked hot and cold outlets from pump flow rates. All ok

Checked pipe work through out the system which is all ok

Any ideas.

Cheers Bob

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back