Shower Pump: Cold from above, hot from below?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I'm in the middle of replacing a shower and putting in a shower pump (Stuart Turner S3.0 Positive Head).

Previously the cold feed to the shower was from the CWST and then was supplied from above, the hot was then supplied direct from the cylinder under the floor. The easiest option for me, is to now run this cold into the shower pump, then back up into the ceiling and supply the cold as it was supplied before from above. The cold feed would still be below the CWST.

Is this ok? Would this still be fine?
upload_2018-6-9_12-44-30.png

Sponsored Links
Even though the shower previously met the required flow rate?

I'm assuming positive head pump would be fine If I ran the pipework under the floor instead of back up.

If under the floor and not back up then it should be fine. Just check the flow rate to confirm.

Andy

Sponsored Links
CWSC :whistle:

Plumb it with all the fittings, shower head etc, it's going in anyway .... do you get flow to activate a positive head pump on either feed? Fire away and fit one. If not a universal (negative) pump is needed. Just do it on the day you know you can run out and buy either or.

You're borderline with that up and over setup though, all depends on the fittings/pipe run length/bends/pipe size/height below the CWSC/etc, as to whether you'd get enough flow or not, it all needs to be full bore too

Thanks for the advice, I ripped up a bunch of flooring to run it from below which also allows me to fit some downlighters. So win win, thanks for not giving me an easy way out...

I can't see any issue using a positive head pump providing you can achieve the minimum flow to trigger the hot flow switch. If the shower head drains the top cold loop a little so be it. I'm too late...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back