Question about a gravity fed boosted shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm installing a Stuart turner shower mate 2.6 bar twin impeller , it has 15mm flexi connectors, the shower unit has 3/4 inlets to the hot and cold , I'm using a Surrey flange and the pump will be on the floor beside the cylinder and the shower will be on the next floor , positive head. I was planning on taking 22mm from The cylinder and cwst to the pump and and then 15mm from the pump to the shower unit and just puttin on 2 3/4 x 15mm male bends to reduce it at the shower, just wondering would this be ok or should I go 22mm the whole way and just reduce it in and out of the pump or take it 15mm the whole way instead, it's a sunflower shower head aswell, bit of a read ino, thanks in advance :D

Sponsored Links
All this is in the installation manual for the pump you are fitting.Memory serves, I came out of pump in 22mm then reduced to 15 about half metre before mixer valve with no probs,but if you don`t stick exactly to manufacturers guidelines they won`t honour the warranty even if it`s nothing to do with your pipework.They will do their best to blame your install to get out of repairing it anyway so keep to their instructions.

All this is in the installation manual for the pump you are fitting.Memory serves, I came out of pump in 22mm then reduced to 15 about half metre before mixer valve with no probs,but if you don`t stick exactly to manufacturers guidelines they won`t honour the warranty even if it`s nothing to do with your pipework.They will do their best to blame your install to get out of repairing it anyway so keep to their instructions.

Exactly as above. I have fitted pumps completely in 15mm because the manual said I could and it worked without any problems. But it is best to stick to their recommendations.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back