Internal bathroom door sticking at the top

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi our bathroom door has started to stick at the top ( seems to happen when it gets cold)

Can i adjust the hinges as I've noticed there's some numbers and letters on the hinges? Or is it a case of only way to taking the door off to plain it a little at the top?

Attachments

• IMG_20180319_085533.jpg
    IMG_20180319_085533.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 324
  • IMG_20180319_085410.jpg
    IMG_20180319_085410.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 1,046
  • IMG_20180319_091548.jpg
    IMG_20180319_091548.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 269
Sponsored Links
Never seen the like before, but I would try removing or loosening the centre screw looks like rotating the square may give you some adjustment according to where the raised bump is.

Never seen the like before, but I would try removing or loosening the centre screw looks like rotating the square may give you some adjustment according to where the raised bump is.
I think they just adjust the width of the door

Sponsored Links
get a bit of cardboard fold in over a few times and put between door and linning at top hinge then close door it will bind and crank hinge hopefully enough to miss head when closing you need too feel some resistance for it too work or just buy a cranking bar is alot easier

Well it looks like the bathroom door upstairs needs doing that's catching at the bottom.

What tool would be best to shave a few mm's off a door?

I almost bought a electric planer from Lidl today for £25

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back