Internal Bi-fold - damaged track

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Wickes internal wooden bi-fold installed as a cupboard door at the top of the stairs.
Tenants keep damaging the rail track at level of the top hinge pin, see picture.
First time round, I dismantled the track and turn it left to right. This time it has been damaged again and I will have to replace the full track.
It seems that the damage is created by people trying to close the door. Open is easy by pulling the handle towards us but to close you would have to hold the right side panel back in place.
Don't think people gets that and they probably fight like mad with the door handle.

Is there a trick to close this kind of door easier? My husband thought that maybe we should install a second handle on the right panel. Not sure people will understand that its purpose will be to close the door. Won't look nice either but... What else could we do?

See picture of the open door and the track. Thanks. Letty

Attachments

• Cupboard_damagedrail.jpg
    Cupboard_damagedrail.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 71
  • Cupboard3.JPG
    Cupboard3.JPG
    212.2 KB · Views: 67
Sponsored Links
Once the track is replaced you could add a suitable piece of timber in front of the track to give it more support to withstand those who are cack handed. You could also educate the tenant on how to open and close the door without damage.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back