Internal door hinges in George Wimpey new build homes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I've got a few duff hinges on one of my internal doors so ahve been looking for somewhere where I can buy them from. However, they appear to be very unconventional and as a result I cannot find them anywhere. My house is a george wimpey new build, the hinges are painted white steel and have an adjustable feature. Stamped on the hinge is the name "Hickman" ... does anyone know what these hinges are and where I can buy them?

Many Thanks,
Nick

Sponsored Links
Here we go, this is what they look like:

119000_118686_9936_56040062_thumb.jpg

Cheers,
Nick

if people didnt buy such tripe quality houses ( no offense ) in the 1st place, there wouldnt be any problems

modern new builds are a joke, and ive spoked to estate agents that have said most people will buy a new build over a period house.

has everyone had their brains removed ?

Sponsored Links
ref: hinges

i can see from the photo, there is a name stamped on the front of them

have u tried searching for that firm ?

if people didnt buy such tripe quality houses ( no offense ) in the 1st place, there wouldnt be any problems

modern new builds are a joke, and ive spoked to estate agents that have said most people will buy a new build over a period house.

has everyone had their brains removed ?

haha no offence taken. I totally agree with you on both parts. The quality of workmanship and materials used in my home is dreadful. The only reason I ended up with this is because I'm a first time buyer, the timing was right and a got a reasonable deal on it. I have no intentions to stay here for very long as I'd much prefer a house with character which this one certainly does not have.

As for the hinges, they have 'National Hickman' stamped on them ... have googled for several hours for that name but couldn't find anything!

Why do you say that? There's no doubt modern houses can feel a bit souless but I've lived in a new build for 9 years, in that period I've replaced one bathroom extractor fan and thats it. Generally older houses are rarely better or are a good deal worse in terms of heat loss and sound insulation and may well require considerable maintainance. Afterall most older houses were built by developers with no more morals than many of todays modern developers.

Hi

I Just wondered if you found these hinges in the end. I too am looking for a set and came across your post. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Generally older houses are rarely better or are a good deal worse in terms of heat loss and sound insulation and may well require considerable maintainance. Afterall most older houses were built by developers with no more morals than many of todays modern developers.
At least these days there are Building Regs in place to govern how they are built these days. People seem to forget that Regs only really came into force from the 1960's onwards and even then were fairly sketchy. Houses built pre-war were pretty much constructed by rule of thumb. Some may have been over-engineered but without the Regs, who the hell knows?

many of the badly-built ones have fallen down by now, or been demolished, or been repaired.

Survivor bias means that you don't see many badly-built 100-year old houses. That doesn't mean there weren't any.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back