Internal door Lining

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am fitting an internal door in an door opening which used to be an outside door before extension was built. The wall is made of brick and concrete block. I have bought a door lining and some 63x38 cls. What type and size of screws do I need to fix the 3x2 to wall one side of opening and the door lining which is 32mm thick to the other side of opening. I'm not sure whether to use frame fixers, brown wall plugs and screws or those screws which drive straight into brick/block. Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Victor

Sponsored Links
Just use brown plugs and something like 5 x 80 to 5 x 100 screws. Direct fixings are expensive and don't work well in softer blockwork, similarly frame fixings are expensive and unnecessary, We tend to put 4 or 5 pairs of fixings down each jamb (just watch out that they don't conflict with the hinge recesses or keep position). Get the hinge side in first as that's the most important to get bang on

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back