Internal doorays with no frame

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My latest idea is to forego a regular timber-framed door and doorway and install two sliding glass doors

https://www.eclisse.co.uk/vetroglide-minima-sliding-glass-door-system/

This picture shows the look I'm going for:

1692085664025.png

As I'm replacing existing regular doorways is it as simple as ripping out the door frame et al and platerboarding the opening?

Regards

Tet

PS I will have a supplemental regarding a pocket door, but I need to talk to a SE before that

Sponsored Links
I think you need to ensure the the head of the frame is stiff enough to support the rail, and to extend to support the end of the rail in the door open position.The only time I've done anything like this in timber studwork the 4 × 2 head of the door opening was stiffened by adding a 4 x 2 vertically above the existing head (to for a deep "L" profile, then cutting out the PB to one side of the opening, where the rail needed to go and fixing a couple of vertical 4 x 2s in that space (to form, in effect, a 4 x 4in beam)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back