Internal Frame & Door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

What size is a standard internal frame & door. I have an opening of 1070 wide. What is the biggest internal door I can fit into my new extension. I have searched on the net but didn't get much info.

I was told wicks do door frames. Where can I buy reasonable quality both frame and door from. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
internal imperial standard size doors are 27", 30" and 33" (inches) wide by 78" high. the casings measurement overall for each of these is, (brick to brick or stud to stud) 730mm, 805mm and 880mm respectively.

these doors are usually 34mm thick.

these measurements are a tight fit so allow a few millimeters fitting gap up each side.
there are the less popular metric doors but are available in limited styles.

noseall said:
internal imperial standard size doors are 27", 30" and 33" (inches) wide by 78" high. the casings measurement overall for each of these is, (brick to brick or stud to stud) 730mm, 805mm and 880mm respectively.

these doors are usually 34mm thick.

these measurements are a tight fit so allow a few millimeters fitting gap up each side.
there are the less popular metric doors but are available in limited styles.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Basecoat said:
I was told wicks do door frames. Where can I buy reasonable quality both frame and door from. Thanks in advance.

Why don't you buy the door separately and make the frame yourself? Infact, I've just been out today to buy moulding and closures for my new frame. I'd compare prices first though, it cost me about £20 just for this and I think you have to buy the wood in packs of 6 :(. Damn B & Q :(.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back