Internal Glass Wall build

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone,

I'm looking to replace a stud wall in the loft room (and build up another one) with glass instead of plaster, adding a door to make it a proper room.

file.jpg

I'm thinking of doing one side at a time, starting with the closest side;
is it simply a case of taking out the stud bannister, making up a timber frame (that comes out as far as the full-size wall) and getting some kind of toughened glass installed, before adding a door?

Any tips and/or previous project experience would be great, or even ideas or opinions on what would look best.

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
If anyone stumbles across this in search of ideas for their own project, here's the finished result (unpainted) :

View media item 59705 View media item 59704
Ideal for those wanting a noise and smell barrier without having plasterboard walls divide a room in two / create a narrow stairway.

I've looked at having SmartGlass applied but the cost is too high...

office partitioning firms do double glazing with venetian blinds between the panes. Cheaper than smart glass but still provides privacy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back