Internal Partitions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

This is a single storey extension with a block and beam floor which is to be made in to two rooms with a studwork wall.

My question is that in the specs it says

"partitons to be constructed off new block and beam floor sat atop a brickwork/blockwork base course"

I am not sure if this is built directly off the block and beam floor or if i run a course on top of the finished screed?

If I start off the block and beam how high do I need to go?

Hope someone is able to help.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Thanks Woody, so I build it directly off the block and beam, I need 100mm insulation and we have room for around a 65mm screed so do I build it up to 165mm. Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Many Thanks Woody, This will be my first bit of real brick work as the builder has gone now that done the main build.

You're alright, it won't be seen. :cool:

Run a string line across the extension at dpc level to get the line and level. Make sure it's tight and parallel/square off the other walls.

You could bed the first course up on a big joint to gain that extra 15mm, or have each course joint the same thickness of about 18mm. If the bricks have holes in them, fill them on the top course to help with fixing of the timber sole plate.

Thanks Woody for advice, here's the finished product for better or worse (n)

IMG_20170423_091523.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back