Internal vestibule door

Asa

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I want to put a door (where an old pvc door used to be) between the hallway and porch. The floor is level and the dimensions are something like 2050mm high and 1740 wide.

Im trying to have a central door and 2 side panels.

I want the door to match all the other doors in the house and the side panels too if possible.

The company that make the door make matching archtrave and also matching lining.
(not that i will need archtrave really, as its a corridor)

Thing is - if a frame is made, it wont match the doors. (walnut)

I see vestibule frames, but they all have a bottom bar, and also wont match...

so, can i put lining all the way around (top and sides) fix the 2 side panels well to floor and top and 1 side (a door chopped in half lengthways) then mount the central door to one of the side panels.

Effectively this is hanging one door from another (fixed) door?

Thanks so much for any help

Sponsored Links
Thanks, i wanted the side panels to match the door.. so thats why i thought buy another door and chop it in half. The doors have a decent amount of solid wood around the edge so Im thinking it should be ok?

depending on the manufacturer, you can often buy half-width doors, ready mad, intended to be used as double doors (e.g. for a cupboard) or as folding doors with a hinge in the middle.

A photo of your door, and the same of the maker of supplier, would help.

If you need a fire door, you must not cut it.

Example bifold door. Two pieces, hinged in the middle

Montserrat+Bi-Fold+Door+Primed.jpg

Sponsored Links
Thanks, its the Deanta Seville in Walnut... they do 2040 heights which would work... and i was thinking of getting the 826 wide for the centre... and they dont make the singe panels thin enough so i was thinking of chopping a 926 in half for the side panels since the rough edge will be up against the wall anyway. I could potentially cover that (and any fixings to the lining) with a small stop or something all the way around....

Thanks, worked out an alternative. Going to make a regular frame and glaze it each side, and have a glazed door in the middle..much easier than chopping up doors.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back