Porch door: Centred or Offset?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I have a 1930's Semi with a porch door which currently has a sliding door in it, the actual 'front' door is centred behind this with two panels either side.

I want to replace the existing sliding door which has an aluminium frame with a new PVC door but am struggling with pro's and co's of having the door either centred to match the front door or off set to one side.

I know this is aesthetics but was hoping for some guidance re practicalities of both?

Cheers
[/b]

Sponsored Links
Will carrying large items into the house be made easier with a porch door in-line with the front door?

Inline if you ever want to use the rest of the enclosed space to put muddy boots, wet coats etc. If the doors aren't in line then there will be no dead space to use for things like that.

Sponsored Links
Hi all, I have a 1930's Semi with a porch door which currently has a sliding door in it, the actual 'front' door is centred behind this with two panels either side.

I want to replace the existing sliding door which has an aluminium frame with a new PVC door but am struggling with pro's and co's of having the door either centred to match the front door or off set to one side.

I know this is aesthetics but was hoping for some guidance re practicalities of both?

Cheers
[/b]

I think the only thing that would look aesthetically worse than a centred plastic door is an off-centre plastic door. If there needs to be a door there at all, why not use a nice timber door in keeping with the house?

Cheers
Richard

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back