UPVC Door with Side Panel flexing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a upvc door and side panel (the door closes and locks against the side panel). When closing the door the frame flexes outward at the join between the door and the side panel by about 5mm making it difficult to close the door.

I was wondering if I can put a screw upwards into the lintel to stop this flexing.

Sponsored Links
You would be better off using expanding foam if possible and fix the head of the frame along the whole width.

With the screw idea, there may not be anything to fix to with some lintel designs, it may be very difficult to drill, and once you drill a hole in lintel that's a route for rainwater to come through

You would be better off using expanding foam if possible and fix the head of the frame along the whole width.

With the screw idea, there may not be anything to fix to with some lintel designs, it may be very difficult to drill, and once you drill a hole in lintel that's a route for rainwater to come through

Thanks. I can t see anyway to get expanding foam above the frame without removing fascia panels. I will get a professional to come and have a look at it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back