internal wall venting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all

ok i need a bit of advice regarding wall vents, i have a small room used for storage of various household bits n pieces it has no window or vent to the outside and when its cold outside for a period of a few days some of the items get what looks like white mould ( although im not sure it is )

i think the room needs ventilation but dont want to go to outside venting as im worried it will introduce more cold air and worsten the problem so was wondering if fitting vents between the room and the adjacent room which gets used and heated more would help

any ideas would be great as im not sure how to address it properly so it sorts the problem

many thanks for the help

a

Sponsored Links
Only venting to exterior will help, internal vents could make it worse making it easier for moist air to move around making more areas damp .

You need extractor fans in kit and bathroom , elsewhere passive vents are fine .Assumes you don’t dry clothes indoors .

Sponsored Links
Occasionally on an airer if it wont go in a tumble dryer but nowhere near this room, ok passive vents it is then i will look into them

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back