Internal wood waterproofing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am building a SIPS (structural insulated panel) extension and am looking put a waterproof coating on the internal OSB wall and roof.

Can anyone tell me where I can get about 20l of gloss paint cheap or of good alternatives e.g. Everbuild 402 waterseal (which is designed for masonry) or Agricultural barn oxide gloss ?

Would either of those be suitable ?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
It is external grade OSB but the gloss paint will add another layer of protection but also act as a sealent/vapour barrier, it has been suggested that some consider this good practice when using SIPS panels I am building a kitchen and bathroom I dont want to be ripping the tiles/plasterboard of 20 years down the track. I am probably being over cautious but better safe than sorry.

This was the exact same product I had been looking at, my concern was that any chemicals in it may damage the OSB's bonding glue/resin (probably not but wanted to check) and also wether there would be long term fumes given of as it is for internal use ?

I know few people know of SIPS but just consider it a OSB wall, I am sure there are plenty of people here who know a lot more about architectural paint than me.

Can anyone answer the question in bold ?

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back