want glossy white internal doors - what's best value paint?

Johnstone's Acrylic Satin claims it can be used outside as well and our local DIY shop has had their exterior woodwork painted in it - seems pretty tough to me.

Sponsored Links
Bradley you've completely missed the point of my post.

I agree that a healthier working environment can only be a good thing but to compare VOC's to Lead poisoning etc is a little over dramatic, but on the whole a reduction is a good thing

The point i was really trying to make is that we have had the choice taken away from us, you can actually still apply lead based paints with authorisation if the project determines it, we have suddenly had what was a good product taken away and replaced with an inferior solution, normally such major changes would be phased in over years but we suddenly had the rug pulled out from under our feet and told to get on with it.
The other point i was trying to get across is that oil based day's are numbered and the paint companies are not going to spend R&D money on it when hybrid paints are the way forward.

As for wear and tear and toughness only time will tell and probably not worth arguing about as we dont really know.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back