Internall sink/bath waste pipe can I do this?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
advice on relocating my externall waste downpipe + hopper and relocate this internally! so not to foul the glass roofline of the new conservatory which will be fitted soon.
30 odd mm standard sink and bath waste.. that both pop outside the wall and into a downpipe hopper.
looking to fit an oversized internall pipe to the same waste pipe in the ground..
there is a 14inch rise of the new conservatory floor when fitted.. so this sink/bath waste joint will be buried at the bottom.
providing i make it with an access point in case of a future blockage
can i do this? as i see no one askking this question on here
any advice would be fab

Sponsored Links
please advise..
many have read this but no thoughts nor ideas.
where can i go to find out re the OP

I would suggest connecting both sink and bath wastes into either a 50mm or 82mm pipe, fit an air admittance valve at the top. This can be run to the drain, fit a bottle gulley with a sealed lid for access and connect the new pipe into the boss on the side.

Hi Hugh Jaleak
many thanks for your thoughts.. I was looking to do this, it is good to see i am thinking along the same lines as others, but I am wondering if this is ok to do? re planning and so on. are there any restrictions for this idea to not work

Sponsored Links
It may be notifiable work under building regs, as you are altering the drains slightly, but I imagine you are replacing a gulley with a sealed access gulley and swapping a hopper for a stack (of sorts) so hardly a major alteration.

yes relocating the external to fit inside the house, and changing the coupling Joint from external to internal, with internal access points for blockage problems and so on, but thats it.. just drilling a hole to fit the pipe through the brickwork, all the rest is able to lay or fit between floor joists without any adjustment.

I'd just go ahead and dont tell anyone lol. Its in your interests to do the job properly anyway otherwise it'll come back to bite you on the backside later!

Ok Sorted
50mm pipe, solvent weld type to be used.
access points at the top and near the bottom for any future problems as well as 2 vents fitted one to the sink and one to the bath.
and it will be coupled into the same waste as before, as it turns out this was all cracked so just as well i found this. so replacing a little of the claypipe too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back