internet works but phone dead !!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
internet aol via bt line

internet via netgear wirless router [hard wired to computer ]work a bit patchy compared to normal but working phone dead

disconect all filters' phonesradio phone and the router no connection to the phone wire what so ever
connect 2 different basic phones directly into two different sockets no joy any suggestions!!!!!

Sponsored Links
ADSL works at such a high frequency it is able to work almost flawlessly through a fault of high resistance (or even close proximity open circuit), where as the analouge phone line will be dead. ADSL will also work if only one side of the pair is connected - The phone line will not.

Report to BT ;)

Should have asked me before :LOL:

"new one on me" :LOL:
went to the web site done a line check

Line problems: Fault details

There is an open fault on this line

Telephone number 01737 ****** Date reported 23 Jan 2008 at 12:51
Reference number LS****26 Date completed Not completed yet

Fault status An engineer is scheduled to fix your fault today and will aim to contact you by 6pm this evening.

Results of fault diagnosis The problem is likely to be with BT's network.
We will start your repair shortly. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Sponsored Links
The same has happened to me twice recently, both times the fault was in the exchange.

Yeah, broadband worked no problem but the phones were absolutely dead!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back