Intesa Boiler - Fume Light causes shut off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have one of those Intesa combi boilers, which I belive are rebranded Aristons.

We did have a problem with it constantly turning on and off and were advised to replace the fan. The boiler worked for a day after but now will work for a few minutes (maybe half an hour) and then the orange fume light comes on and the thing stops producing any hot water or heating. For the few minutes prior to this, the thing makes the rads hot and hot water works fine, but then it shuts off. The boiler itself feels pretty hot too.

I've read that the Thermistor and Air Pressure Switch are the two most likely suspects. Could someone tell me what each one does and thus suggest the most likly cause of my cold house!

Thanks a lot
Daniel

Sponsored Links
Was he CORGI'd?

I am getting at the fact that Aristons' (never heard of Intesa but doesn't sound particularly convincing if you ask me) have some interesting flueing ideas- well they used to.

If he has not got it fitted properly the boiler cold be dropping out because of that rather than any component failure.

Sponsored Links
He is registered.

Do you have a solution to the problem? He spoke me through it while he fitted it and everything looks as it does in the manual, so I would have thought that because there was a problem before the fan was replaced, it would be something else on the boiler that is broken/malfunctioning and not the fan.

Would wither the air pressure switch or thermistor cause the boiler to turn off when things get hot? It seems runnig water often triggers the fault.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back