Ferroli Falcon shut-off problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ferroli Falcon shut-off problem

Thanks to collegeboy and slug for your replies today. I'm going to have a go at describing the problem more clearly:

When there is demand for heating or hot water the 'Burner indicator on' light goes on and off every few seconds instead of staying on continuously. Then after about 5 minutes of this on and off behaviour from the 'Burner indicator on' light the boiler shuts off altogether. I can reset the boiler straight away but the same on/off behaviour of the 'Burner indicator on' light continues until the boiler shuts off again around 5 minutes later.

The problem began a few months ago but has been getting gradually worse. It used to be that after 3 or 4 resets the boiler would limp along with rapid on/off from the Burner light but without shutting off anymore. But now it won't even do that. You have to keep resetting it every 5 or so minutes until you get fed up with it and leave it off.

I think a circulation problem can be ruled out because the radiators still get warm.

The pressure when the boiler is idle is around 1.1 bar, shooting up to 1.6/1.7bar the moment there is demand for heating. If you turn on the hot water while the heating is on the pressure drops to around 1.4 bar. Don't know if this is relevant but thought I'd mention it just in case.

Many thanks in advance for any replies.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back