intruder alarm for shed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just brought a shed (10x8) ill be puttin electric up to it shortly for sockets and lighting and was wanting to put an intruder alarm in there as well for extra security.. is there any there suitable for sheds?

Sponsored Links
How far away from your home is the shed?
Yale do several small alarms suitable for sheds which have small internal sounders rather like panic alarms however depending on the shed and the value of contents I would suggest using one of their home alarms. ie if an intruder gets in the shed it would set off an external siren actually on your home wall. You could even add a whole home system and include your shed in it as I have often done.
If you have electricity then you also have the potential to add a system which will call your mobile if you add a gsm unit.
I fitted one such system for a guy who had a quadbike stolen.
The possibilities are endless including approved systems from professional installers.
How much did you want to spend?

Hello, Before thinking about an alarm system, if you haven't already done so is beef up the physical security of your shed! No point in having an alarm if they can get in easy.

Hello, Before thinking about an alarm system, if you haven't already done so is beef up the physical security of your shed! No point in having an alarm if they can get in easy.

yes , will the shed have a concrete base?

A floor anchor and chain will help to seure , bikes , mowers , gym equipment tools , ladders etc

Sponsored Links
Make sure it's a good chain (16mm thick) like an almax chain. Almax chains can't be cut quietly with bolt croppers.

yes its on a concrete slabbed base, just had to raise it though with 2 inch batons to prevent rot... ill be boarding it out inside to make it more solid and secure and putting a decent lock on the door.. i dont want to spend loads on an alarm just something that'll go off if someone gets in without deactivating it via a pin or key or how ever it can work???

There are a few shed alarms around that will activate and work by pin code. However as the noise is contained within the shed will anyone else hear it?

I would advise shopping around for a YALE standard system which you can get for around £100.
You could then put the siren (burglar alarm size and type) on your home perhaps even near your bedroom window then if anyone breaks into the shed the alarm will go off on your home not in the shed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back