Intumescent strip confusion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

I am fitting firedoors (FD30 - Wickes flush doors). These are going into existing frames, and so the intumescent strip is to go into the door edge.

The instructions on the door and the intumescent strips say the strip should go centrally in the door, into the 2 verticals and the top.

This is fine. However, the door carries a CERTIFIRE label on the top, and this cannot be moved, tampered with in anyway. However, it is right in the way of the central position for the strip.

Has anyone experience of this? Can the strip go slightly off center to miss the label? The last thing I want to do is encroach on the label, and make the door installation invalid just because the label was in the way.

Thanks
Paul

Sponsored Links
Remove the certifire sticker, route the groove for the intumescent strip then re-position the certifire sticker to one side of the top. Far too easy for manufacturers to actually position the strip so it's not in the way. Some bawbag in the factory canny be bothered to stick them on properly anyway.

Remove the certifire sticker, route the groove for the intumescent strip then re-position the certifire sticker to one side of the top. Far too easy for manufacturers to actually position the strip so it's not in the way. Some bawbag in the factory canny be bothered to stick them on properly anyway.

Thanks mate

And that will be ok? I have read online the labels are "tamper proof" but not sure how that works.

good luck in getting that label off,ive never manged to get 1 off,there extremely thin.
i would just go straight through it with your router,but keep receipts of the doors with your insurance papers.

Sponsored Links
The manufacturers instructions contradict themselves over the label, it states it should not be removed but also states up to 3mm can be removed from the top of the door.
A soak in lighter fuel will remove most labels with ease, getting it to stick back would take more adhesive.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back