Invensys Lifestyle 522 Programmer - link needed

chp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have central heating installed with a Lifestyle 522 programmer. I have noticed that the system will not pump the domestic hot water without the central heating being on.

The motorised valve opens for the water, but the boiler does not hire and the pump does not start. It has always been like this, which means when it in warm weather, I have to use the immersion heater to get hot water. (Like you need to know all this!)

My system is fully pumped, and I notice that there should be a link at the back of the programmer to select either gravity fed or pumped. That link is not there. I assume it has never been there.

There are 3 small pins, and I assume 2 should be connected.

Anyone know where I can get a link from for these. I assume there should have been one in place when it was installed.

Any advice please. Can I just join them, and if so which do I join?

Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
You can buy these programmers from Travic Perkins for about £30 branded under a different name but exactly the same unit. It sounds like this unit was never installed correctly in the first place.

Thanks for that info.

Everything on the system works fine, with the exception that when the HW is on without the central heating the pump does not operate and the boiler does not fire. The valve opens as it should.

I have checked the wiring through and they are all where they should be.

There are 2 2 port valves.

The instructions with the programmer say that the pins should be linked at the back of the programmer on a pumped system like mine. I assume there should be a link with it. That is missing.

Sponsored Links
this could still be a faulty valve if the endswitch isnt working.

the programmer should have a link in like you say but usually if its doesnt it defaults to gravity operation. this means the opposite of what you have happening...ie...central heating valve will open but no endswitch is wired so it will not operate the pump/boiler. switching the water on will start it and water will of course work on its own. better check your wiring isnt back to front as well i guess.

im betting you have the older models without daylight saving. why dont you temporarily short the pumped terminals on clock to prove the clock isnt causing the problem. a small piece of metal jammed between the two terminals will suffice temporarily.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back