LIFESTYLE DRAYTON LP241

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello all,
need some advice. i am going to change my programmer/timer to the LIFESTYLE DRAYTON LP241.
currently i have a system that does not give me the option to have central heating on, on its own. anytime i put the central heating on , i have to have the hot water on as well.
anyway i was hoping somesone could tell me if the LIFESTYLE DRAYTON LP241 is a good one or are there any problems with it. the main reason why i am going for it is the fact that it has three timing periods and you can have domestic hot water and heating operating independently of each other.ie i can have central heating on with hot water off.
lastly an engineer quoted me around £120 (including the programmer) to install it. is this a fair price?
many thanks.

Sponsored Links
changing the programmer alone is not likely to allow you to have heating only.

the situation you have is usually due to an outdated method of controlling the hot water cylinder.

thanks for the reply. anyone has any ideas on how to get round this? is it possible or is it going to cost too much to be worth it.

You really need to change your system to fully pumped to gain full control over heating and hot water. I would think this would cost upwards of £600 :eek:

Sponsored Links
thanks Dave.my system is a fully pumped system . the only problem is that the heating is currently linked to the hot water. that is really the reason why i want to change my programmer(LP722) to LP241.

Well assuming you hav either 2 zone valves or a 3 port zone valve then a modern FULL programmer wired correctly should give you independant control of ch and hW.

well i am not sure weather i have a 2 zone valve or a 3 zone valve. i really dont know much about central heating systems. i hope it can be done at a low cost. i will get someone to come in and have a look at it next week. many thanks for your advice.

2 port valves have a pipe on each end and you should have 2 of them.

A 3 port valve has 3 pipes into it.

sorry Dave if i sound silly but when you say two valve at the end - what do you mean?
where are these valves?

Usually in the airing cupboard next to the hot water cylinder.

I said a pipe out of each end, I don't really know how to explain it simpler :confused:

Well assuming you hav either 2 zone valves or a 3 port zone valve then a modern FULL programmer wired correctly should give you independant control of ch and hW.

but he most likely doesnt have an s-plan or a y-plan.

more likely he has a mechanical stat for hot water and a zone valve wired without the endswitch. what plan is that?....always confuses me all these plans :LOL:

thanks guys for the replies. i will post a picture here shortly. hopefully that will help. i do appreciate your help. thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back