Drayton LP241 Progammer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have purchased a Drayton LP241 programmer to replace a Potterton Myson EP2000. The information sheet supplied with the programmer tells me that I should be able to do this quite easily and gives information on how to wire it. Unfortunately, it has not been that simple. The EP2000 has five connections excluding the live and neutral and terminal 2 on the back plate had no wires going into it so I assure that I could just use just the 4 terminals that are on the back plate of the LP241. There was also a wire that was connecting the live to terminal 5 on the EP2000, so I assumed that this could be put into terminal 4 on the LP241. The problem I have it that if I wire it as stated on the Drayton comparison sheet the hot water control on the LP241 operates the central heating and the central heating control does nothing, also, on the the Drayton comparison table it states (link L-5 and N-N) could any one tell me what that means? I have been very careful in following the wiring diagram and I am very sure that I do not have any wires mixed up. Can anyone help.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
the L - 5 was a link in ep2000 needed for mains switching, without the link the prog could be used for voltage free switching. you wont need the link in your new prog. the N - N link was for when the prog was used as a wiring centre, you dont have to worry about that either (unless you have loads of neutrals)

You have to be careful replacing the Potterton EP series because the backplates incorporate 5 spare terminals that can be used as a wiring centre.

You will never accommodate this amount of wiring safely in an LP series Drayton wallplate.

If yours hasn't got additional connections; then as iterated above, just omit the link wire from the permanent L connection to term 5, this is internal in the LP241. LP241 does not have a terminal 5 for this reason.

In most domestic systems, the CH off terminal is not used. In some the HW off isn't used either.

Many thanks to Mick at TWGAS and to Simon at Simond, you were both spot on. Sorted my problem out a treat and my programmer is up and running.

Many thanks again.

Ian Denny.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back