Invented cylinder system. How do I know how much hot water is left inside and what temperature?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I got new plumbing installed last year but I`m struggling to understand how this works as we are not able to see how much water is left inside the cylinder and what temperature.

We have set up the Hive to warm water few hours in the morning, then lunch time and few in the evening to reduce bills but sometimes we got with no hot water.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
What temperature is the cylinder thermostat set at ?
Boiler setting ?
And how long is it timed for

Sponsored Links
Your unvented cylinder will have a thermostat on it- what is it set at, how long have you programmed the hot water on periods, how big is the cylinder and what is your usual daily use of hot water.
OK, that's a couple of questions answered. Water use? Cylinder size?

What are you using hot water for to need 3 full tanks a day?

The water doesn't empty out of the tank either, the tank is always full. Cold water displaces the hot water when you open the tap.

Attachments

• 1638986263862770039908456411968.jpg
    1638986263862770039908456411968.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 87
That looks a substantial size, do you use tons of HW?
The thermostat will be under the plastic cover on the side.
Are you sure the heated water from the boiler is reaching the cylinder to heat up its contents? feel the pipe going into the coil when HW is selected on the boiler.

Can't help but feel this is related the pipe noise thread.....

It's related but what's wrong? Cylinder is 210l
If the bypass is constantly bypassing, you will not be getting full boiler heating through the coil in the tank. The boiler will just cycle through the bypass

If the bypass is constantly bypassing, you will not be getting full boiler heating through the coil in the tank. The boiler will just cycle through the bypass

Shall I increase bypass valve to .4 or .5?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back