inverter Q

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my inverter is only givin out 215VAC whatever the input voltage is. however, if i plug my monitor in it makes a weird noise (similar to a transformer supplyin a large load), and lines appear accross the screen. also, if i plug the UPS into it, it still stays in battery mode rather than switch back to mains. i have checked the manual for the UPS and it says it will go to battery if under 180VAC, i dont have the manual for the monitor tho. could the problems be due to the lower

the inverter is an 800W modified sinewave

Sponsored Links
When you measured the inverter output voltage, was that on or off load?

felix said:
When you measured the inverter output voltage, was that on or off load?

off load. ill try it later under load

EDIT: tested again. voltage was 230VAC no load and 227-8VAC under load. load is approx 200W

Since the off load voltage has gone up from 215 to 230 volts, maybe the fault has cleared. What powers the inverter?

Sponsored Links
A lot of equipment doesn't like modified sine-wave a.c.

Either you need a more expensive inverter or you need to get yourself something that takes dc power (perhaps a laptop instead?) and a suitable dc-dc convertor.

AdamW said:
A lot of equipment doesn't like modified sine-wave a.c.

Either you need a more expensive inverter or you need to get yourself something that takes dc power (perhaps a laptop instead?) and a suitable dc-dc convertor.

so how about this: give an extra 12VDC supply to the UPS to take over from the internal battery once that goes flat

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back