IP55-6 / weatherproof intermediate swtich

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Im helping out a family member with a farm with some old-old... old wiring.

Most the switches are just old Bakelite types which are not in the slightest waterproof, then there are modern household switches too - again in areas with a splash/water ingress potential.

There are plenty of two way switching arrangements, but no intermediate switches.
Meaning, say you have 4 entrances to a shed. Two entrances have switches that put on half the lights, whilst the other two entrances have switches for the other half of the lights... etc etc.

Multi-gang IP55 or 56 or weatherproof switches are easy to get but i cannot find intermediate switches to take me from 2-way switching to 3,4,5 way etc.

Does anybody know where i can get a hold of them?

Thanks,
Stuart

Sponsored Links
The Clipsal 56 Series will take the 30MWE 10A Intermediate switch module in their IP66 aperture lid 5632LEGY which fits on base 56ES1GY you will find PDF here I am sure there are many more.

However it has two holes so would need a blank and not very pretty. Remember an intermediate switch is also called a "change over" and a "two pole two way" switch as toggle switches there are many available.

MK part number 56420 GRY - 1 gang enclosure. For use with any one switch module (IP56)

MK part number 56893 BLK - 20 amp intermediate switch module

Sponsored Links
Thanks folks,
Thats great!

I knew they existed, i couldn't see them in the MK book, but ive found them now ive got the part numbers.

The clipseal was new to me so is handy to know.

Thanks again,
Stuart

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back