Iphone3

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Deleted contacts on Iphone3 reappear the next day. This has happened several times. Any idea why?
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Are you using the up to date operating system iOS 5?
If so your contacts may be stored in the iCloud hence when your phone connects to the internet it synchronises the contacts.
Try logging in here using your apple ID and password and deleting the contacts as well as on your phone: https://www.icloud.com/

If so your contacts may be stored in the iCloud hence when your phone connects to the internet it synchronises the contacts.
Try logging in here using your apple ID and password and deleting the contacts as well as on your phone: https://www.icloud.com/[/QUOTE]

So their fancy phone can't even keep track of deletions when it syncs? Quality.

Helpful reply

Try logging in here using your apple ID and password and deleting the contacts as well as on your phone: https://www.icloud.com/[/QUOTE]

How do you back-up your contacts. Are they set to back-up to the iCloud or another cloud storage solution like a googlemail account? Or do they back-up to your computer every time you sync at home

Sponsored Links
My iPhone 4 backs up to the iCloud and then when I switch my laptop (MacBook) on that also syncs with the iCloud, so if I add any contacts or change their number it syncs to my laptop without any intervention. Also if I break/lose my phone at least I won't lose all my numbers.
It is all an Apple thing, I don't use googlemail.

I think it is also possible to backup to itunes but my phone is currently set to backup to the iCloud.

Sorry Spark123. My post was fondant for the OP not yourself lol. Didn't mean to confuse

My iPhone 4 backs up to the iCloud and then when I switch my laptop (MacBook) on that also syncs with the iCloud, so if I add any contacts or change their number it syncs to my laptop without any intervention. Also if I break/lose my phone at least I won't lose all my numbers.

Sorry Spark123. My post was fondant for the OP not yourself lol. Didn't mean to confuse

Helpful reply

God forbid I make a valid criticism of a piece of Apple hardware. I'd love to help figure out why it behaves so stupidly but I don't have an iPhone. Or any other overhyped, overpriced Apple gadget.

A valid criticism? How on earth can you make a valid criticism when as you have posted you don't even own an overhyped and overpriced apple gadget.

Maybe in future if you cant offer any help then you should post!

Helpful reply

God forbid I make a valid criticism of a piece of Apple hardware. I'd love to help figure out why it behaves so stupidly but I don't have an iPhone. Or any other overhyped, overpriced Apple gadget.

Maybe in future if you cant offer any help then you should post!

Indeed, in future I will avoid angering the Apple fanboys with daring to express an opinion in a public forum. It's obviously unhealthy for you.

ps. Fake signal strength. Oh wait, that was just an honest mistake. Really. It was. Just a bug. Here, have some cake.

The point still remains that you offered no help what so ever. If you had ever owned an iPhone you would be able to make a comparison to other phones and maybe your opinions would actually count for something. Your opinions however are baseless and not on a comparison at all.

And ps. The fact that's it's a public forum means nothing. Any replys to this thread should be helpful and informative but you don't seem to be able to grasp that concept.

If you want to share your opinions maybe you should start your own thread on the matter!

Thanks for the replies. ( well most of them ) :)
Friend is now sorting it. Phone has been jailbroken which makes a difference to updating the operating system I believe.

If you update the software I think it will remove the jailbreak.
My phone isn't jailbroken as I prefer to use software from a checked source, I've heard bad stories of android apps from google which are unchecked having virus's attached (albeit android apps aren't for iPhones).

Sponsored Links
Back