iroko worktops

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i am in process of choosing some worktops for my kitchen came across the above are they any good,i need it to be a dark wood this seems to be reasonably priced.does any one know any good places to buy as well.
thanks in advance
did consider solid surface tops cannot afford corian,came to the conclusion that the rest are all glued to mdf or sorts,there seems to me that you got something solid glued to something that can move so I suppose were joints are there could be probs am I right or wrong advise much appreciated

Sponsored Links
school or laboratory worktops are generally iroko and can be obtained from reclamation dealers. they have wide staves, (150mm to 200mm) compared to the 40mm staves used in all but the most expensive modern ones. the fact that they are chosen for labs indicates that they are about as durable as wood can be. just keep them well oiled.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back