Is 30 degree wash such a good idea?

JonB said:
My wife informs me that USA & Canada have been using cool or cold wash for years.

The machines are different, too. They have top-loading agitators which use more water and there are no porthole doors with hidden crevices for bacteria to flourish. Our water levels are now so low that the doors don't get washed with water during a wash as they used to. As Breezer's pointed out, the powder is different and they use bleach. I'm not sure if any of our powders contain bleach now - probably not.

Sponsored Links
Ive used 30C wash in my AEG front loader for several years. Always have a good wash, never had mould problems. Have always used Fairy non-bio tablets.

Yes, I gather that powder (loose or tableted) is better than liquid. Also - having now checked a bit of labelling - I know that some non-bios contain a bleaching agent.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back