Is 66cm enough space for WC?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry this is kind of a double post but I want to get a few more opinions. Basically I have a bathroom layout with the toilet at the foot of the bath. The space between the end of the bath and the wall will be about 66cm and I'm wondering if this is enough?

The layout is like this:

I've already ordered a standard 1700mm bath but I'm trying to decide whether to return it and get a 1600mm. The return process is looking like a massive hassle as well, I will need to organize a pallet and return it at my own expense. Ordered from Victorian Plumbing.

So, is it worth swapping or will the toilet be fine? Anyone have a toilet in a small space like this?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
66cm is pretty narrow. 40cm for pan, 13cm each side.

Does it have to go there? You could put WC where the basin is, basin where the towel rail is, and the towel rail above the 66cm space?

66cm is pretty narrow. 40cm for pan, 13cm each side.

Does it have to go there? You could put WC where the basin is, basin where the towel rail is, and the towel rail above the 66cm space?
The soil stack position may be an issue with that layout ,but its a better proposition for WC position .

Sponsored Links
So a 1700 bath could go where the window is, the toilet next to it, just further "south" than in the drawing
With the wash basin either still further south, or even opposite the toilet, leaving room for a shower cubicle where the shower is now

Sorry this is kind of a double post but I want to get a few more opinions. Basically I have a bathroom layout with the toilet at the foot of the bath. The space between the end of the bath and the wall will be about 66cm and I'm wondering if this is enough?

The layout is like this:

I've already ordered a standard 1700mm bath but I'm trying to decide whether to return it and get a 1600mm. The return process is looking like a massive hassle as well, I will need to organize a pallet and return it at my own expense. Ordered from Victorian Plumbing.

So, is it worth swapping or will the toilet be fine? Anyone have a toilet in a small space like this?

Thanks
To judge whether you think it's enough, put a dining chair 13cm from a wall, then have someone hold a board up 13cm away on the other side. Consider whether there's enough room for your knees when you're trying to squeeze out a log

I've decided to go for the 1600mm bath and just deal with the hassle of returning the 1700. I think it will create a much more comfortable space for the loo!

Thanks all.

Update - got the 1600mm bath installed, here is a pic of the toilet now installed in the space:

It's definitely a nice comfortable space for the loo, and the bath is still perfectly useable :)

PS. That pipe is just resting there, that's not a permanent feature!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back