concealed mixer help required

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Currently refitting my very small bathroom and have purchased a concealed theemostatic mixer and head kit
Having spoken with the company regarding recess clearance before I purchased (space is at a massive premium) to make sure I could do what I wanted I was assured the recess needed was between 55-68mm which I could just about get away with

It turned up today and first inspection shows it needs 90mm total

Now the size and layout of fixtures ie soil and waste dictates that the bath is butted up against 2 walls and a chimney breast and the toilet is right next to the bath

I have worked out on the original assumption of 68mm recess I could get away with moving the bath 10mm sideways up to the toilet to get the clearence needed for a shallow stud wall

I have no more play in moving anything my only option is to chase brickwork 20-30mm

My question really is I have a double brick wall with no cavity will a vertical chase of 30mm be ok to mount the valve the rest of the chasing will only need to be maybe 10-12mm for future spanner access as there will be the originally planned shallow stud wall as well

I just can't viably surface mount and build out the wall the full 90mm because the bath would be touching the toilet

The question is applicable to just keeping this valve without returning it or getting a surface mount etc I just need to know the plausability of the chase depth etc (I know it will be messy but hey ho )

Sponsored Links
True but her indoors wants it this way

All really need to know if if I can chase a 30mm channel vertically about 50mm wide in a double brick wall (no cavity) without worry

Sponsored Links
would love to know how you plan to do that and leave yourself a flat surface to work from never mind something to fix to

I do have a plan

I need to recess the back to allow for the extra depth of the valve the remainder will be built up with shallow false wall to accommodate the rest
As the back end is approx 30mm deeper than advised
I have alowence for the original 55_68mm depth but I can't move the bath anymore or it will be to close to the toilet

Thinking about it I only need to recess the valve with spanner access for fittings

I'm a plasterer by trade so the stuffing etc is no problem it's just the depth of chase for vale I need to know is ok

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back