Is a non-RCD freezer socket still acceptable?

Thank you to all.

The report gave it a C2.

I raised the issue with the electrician in charge (the person who actually conducted the tests had obviously not raised the issue with him, not as agreed) and he apologised and said he would correct the report.

I may not be using the company again - as I see it, I agreed to pay one person (the electrician) for his knowledge, and had to get it from books and from your willingness to contribute your free time. So we were right, and the person who did the testing was wrong. A sad day.

Thanks again.

R

Sponsored Links
The report gave it a C2. I raised the issue with the electrician in charge (the person who actually conducted the tests had obviously not raised the issue with him, not as agreed) and he apologised and said he would correct the report.
Glad it's been sorted out satisfactorily.
I may not be using the company again - as I see it, I agreed to pay one person (the electrician) for his knowledge, and had to get it from books and from your willingness to contribute your free time. So we were right, and the person who did the testing was wrong. A sad day.
Such is life, I suppose. Much as some will undoubtedly disagree, it seems to me to underline the fact that (assuming one has the required knowledge and skills, or the ability to acquire them), the only way to be absolutely sure that something gets done correctly is, in almost any walk of life, to "Do It Yourself"! If one can find others whom one can totally trust, then fair enough, but that's not necessarily easy - not because there aren't plenty of such 'good people' around, but because it can be hard to distinguish them from 'the others' (until it's too late)!

Kind Regards, John

The electrician is now convinced it doesn't comply with 17th, but says, okay I'll give a C3 as it does comply with 16th and that doesn't prevent a satisfactory report being issued.

I can live with that, even though some on here think it's wrong:)

Sponsored Links
The electrician is now convinced it doesn't comply with 17th, but says, okay I'll give a C3 as it does comply with 16th and that doesn't prevent a satisfactory report being issued. ... I can live with that, even though some on here think it's wrong:)
Thanks for the update. I suppose that's good enough for you, even though, as you say, some/most of us don't agree that it is non-compliant with current regulations.

It certainly would have been compliant with 16th ed., since no sockets then had to have RCD protection unless they were 'likely to be used for outdoor equipment' (or some such wording), which I presume would not apply to the one in question.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back